COVID-19 Government Mandates and Club Operations
TO ALL BGC MEMBERS & GUESTS:
As you might imagine, during this extraordinary pandemic event, the Government and Center For Disease Control mandates for social distancing have dramatically affected operations at the club. Our Board of Directors feels that with so many senior members, it is prudent for each of us to do our best to adhere to these recommendations to limit the chances of spreading the virus at the club as much as possible. The club is NOT closed, but the rules explained below will remain in place for now.
Rules for Use of the facilities at BGC during the Governor’s Shelter in Place Order:
Governor Cooper has issued a “Shelter in Place” Executive Order to try and slow the spread of the coronavirus. Clearly the intent is to stop citizens from gathering and facilitating the spread of the virus. There are many exceptions to the order, one of them being Outdoor Activities (Walking, Biking, Golf, Hiking, etc.) which are designated as Essential Activities. Thus we believe outdoor shooting is an Essential Activity and can continue in a limited fashion at Buccaneer Gun Club. Please observe a few simple rules while the Executive Order is in force. (As of this writing Brunswick County has not put more stringent rules in place, if they do we will have to reconsider our position).
The first and foremost advice we can offer is to stay at home as much as possible. This one act, in and of itself, will do more to slow the spread of the virus than any other measure. However, should you feel the need for an outdoor activity and venture out to the Club please use the following guidance:
- FIRST AND FOREMOST-PLEASE DO NOT COME OUT TO BGC IF YOU ARE SHOWING ANY SIGNS OF ILLNESS including upper respiratory congestion, cough, fever, stomach issues, etc. OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO ANYONE WHO IS SHOWING THESE SYMPTOMS WITHIN THE PAST 10 DAYS.
2. You should use the club for your individual shooting outdoor activity and not as part of an organized group. ALL CLASSES AND CLUB MATCHES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
3. Stringently practice “social distancing” and stay at least 6 feet from others.
4. Do not congregate in groups larger than 10 people. If there are 10 people at the venue you plan to use you should go home or use an alternative range. Use common sense when applying this rule, as 10 or more members spread over 5 skeet fields or the covered rifle range is acceptable; 10 people on the action pistol range or the 5 stand clays range would be crowded. If there is any question, then either go home or use an alternative range.
5. Try to stay out of the club house and other buildings if at all possible. If you do go in please wash your hands, and carry along disinfecting wipes and wipe down any surfaces you touch, this includes surfaces on the ranges and items such as the skeet and trap controllers.
6. Until further notice all open shooting matches are suspended, the club is open to the members and their guests only.
7. In the unlikely event local law enforcement comes to the range, then politely do whatever they request you to do and let a Board member know.
Please follow this guidance closely; if we see folks not following these simple rules then we will have to close the Club until the Executive Order is lifted. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
BGC Board of Directors