CHANGE IN RENEWAL PROCEDURES FOR 2023
CHANGE IN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL PROCEDURE
- Invoices for Dues and Workday Assessment notices will be sent out VIA EMAIL beginning in the last week of October each year. This email will have a simple “Review and Pay” button at the bottom that you just click on to pay by using your choice of credit card, debit card, direct e-payment from a bank account of your choice, etc. Dues must be received by the Treasurer by 6 pm on November 30th. There will not be a grace period and postmarks of mailed payments will not be considered. If a member is delinquent past November 30th, he or she will be dropped from membership in the Corporation. In order to be reinstated, he or she must reapply and pay one year’s dues and the initiation fee if accepted through the annual membership induction process.
- We will no longer be using the US mail system to have members return packets of paperwork to the PO Box. (For those 8 club members who do not currently have email accounts, you will be grandfathered in and sent your mail packet the third week of October to renew via USPS mail). For all others, renewal will be required to be done by email. If you choose to print and mail the bill to the club at Buccaneer Gun Club, PO Box 15909, WiImington, NC, 28408, you will be doing so at your own risk due to many delays and the increase in lost mail.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU PAY THE BILL AS SOON AS IT ARRIVES, FLAG IT AS IMPORTANT, OR SET YOURSELF A VISUAL REMINDER ON A CALENDAR as it is easy for these emails to get lost among crowded inboxes. We will send out periodic reminders in November, but IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP THAT EMAIL AND PAY THE BILL BEFORE THE RENEWAL DEADLINE. If you have NOT received your invoice for dues by NOVEMBER 1, please email or call the Treasurer IMMEDIATELY.
- VERY IMPORTANT: IT IS EACH MEMBER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THAT THE CLUB HAS YOUR CURRENT EMAIL ADDRESS ON FILE AT ALL TIMES. If you have changed your email at any time and not updated it with the BGC Secretary at BGCNCsecretary@gmail.com, you must let him know IMMEDIATELY or you will risk not getting your notice when the bills are sent out for payment. IF YOUR EMAIL HAS CHANGED OR YOU DO NOT GET OUR REGULAR NEWSLETTER EMAILS EACH MONTH, PLEASE NOTIFY THE BGC SECRETARY IMMEDIATELY by sending a note to BGCNCsecretary@gmail.com. Also, if you are in the habit of not opening club emails or they go to your junk mail inbox or spam folder, you will need to go to your junk mail box and mark the BGC sender address as “accepted sender” or “not junk” and be sure you open any emails coming from the club.
IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN YOUR BILL BY NOVEMBER 1, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT THE TREASURER TO LET HIM KNOW. THERE IS NO LONGER A GRACE PERIOD. ALL BILLS ARE DUE BY NOVEMBER 30th!
- IT WILL NO LONGER BE NECESSARY FOR CLUB MEMBERS TO SIGN A HOLD HARMLESS INDEMNITY AGREEMENT EACH YEAR. New members coming in each year will sign their Hold Harmless form at Orientation, but existing members who already have a signed form on file from last year will only be required to sign the forms once every 3 years (2023, 2026, 2029, etc.), unless there are major revisions needed to the Safety Rules or Hold Harmless agreement forms themselves. You will get an email from the club secretary in the years when you need to go to the website and complete the Hold Harmless form.
- CERTIFICATION OF CURRENT NRA MEMBERSHIP IS NO LONGER REQUIRED AS A CONDITION FOR RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP EACH YEAR. Incoming (new or re-applying former) members will be required to provide proof of membership at Orientation, but existing members will no longer have to complete this paperwork at renewal each year. Please note, BGC does still strongly support the NRA mission and over 70% of our members are already lifetime or multi-year NRA members. We encourage ALL members to maintain membership in the NRA and/or another gun rights organization of your choice to ensure we protect our Second Amendment rights.